Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Make a Miracle...Be an Organ Donor


Sue has started something wonderful out of something that can strike fear in the heart of parents and family members. What if someone in your family needed an organ transplant?

Sue writes:

This cause is very close to my heart. I have a 17 yr old daughter who has had two liver transplants. The first, thanks to her living donor, her dad. And we are forever thankful to her donor family for her second.

You can see the organ doner bracelets she has created at her shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/McGdesign

On a personal note, one of the proudest moments in my life was when my son got his driver's license and without hesitation, when the Officer asked if he wanted to be an organ donor he said yes. Tears of joy rolled down my face, I quickly wiped them as he came over to show me his license. That was a day I will never forget. (my husband and I are also signed up to organ donors)

No comments:

Post a Comment